Oxford Irish Quotations by Bernard O’Donoghue – buy book – 9780198602392

Accueil Forums PEDT – ACCUEIL PETITE ENFANCE Oxford Irish Quotations by Bernard O’Donoghue – buy book – 9780198602392

• Ce sujet est vide.
Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Auteur
    Dee Dubiner
    Invité

Oxford Irish Quotations
    by Bernard O’Donoghue

🔍 Oxford Irish Quotations – Read More 🔍

• Genres: ireland, reference
    • ISBN: 9780198602392 (0198602391)
    • Release date: May 6, 1999
    • Format: paperback, 336 pages
    • Language: english
    • Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA
    • Author: Bernard O’Donoghue

About The Book

Oxford Irish Quotations is a collection of over 2,000 quotations, arranged thematically, that offers a lively reflection of Irish history and culture, with particular emphasis on contemporary issues and interests. The quotations have been chosen because they say something about Ireland or the Irish, or are associated with a specifically Irish context, rather than simply being said or written by an Irish person. Included here is Oscar Wilde’s prescription, “If one could teach the English how to talk, and the Irish how to listen, society here would be quite civilized,” Tom MacDonagh’s assessment of Dublin as “a state of mind as much as a city,” and James Joyce’s humble declaration, “The demand I make on my reader, is that he should devote his whole LIFE to reading my works.”

The collection contains many well-known Irish figures, and encompasses voices of differing cultural origins including Celtic, Norman, Plantation, Scots Presbyterian, and Anglo-Irish.

MOBI Oxford Irish Quotations download on IndieBound. FictionBook book Oxford Irish Quotations Bernard O’Donoghue Kindle. TXT ebook Oxford Irish Quotations by Bernard O’Donoghue read. Hardcover ebook Oxford Irish Quotations buy for Android on Dymocks. EPUB book Oxford Irish Quotations Bernard O’Donoghue buy cheap on iOS.

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
Répondre à : Oxford Irish Quotations by Bernard O’Donoghue – buy book – 9780198602392
Vos informations: